Plants look after us if we look after them
The Tradescantia (spiderworts) is also known as the ‘father plant’. Many different types of Tradescantia exist displaying various colours and patterns on the leaves. The Tradescantia is a relative of the succulent, and shares the same trait of storing water in its leaves. Needless to say its requirement for water is minimal. The plant’s growth can be described as raggedy, imparting a playful look. Hanging plants are once again in vogue for every interior, so the Tradescantia is dusting off its chic credentials. Grower of this product: Hillplant.
- Suitable for anywhere in the house.
- Suitable as both hanging and climbing plant.
- Long lasting.
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 12-21 ºC.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Apply fertiliser twice a month.