Plants look after us if we look after them
This plant, with its beautiful veins, arresting leaves and distinguishing colours, is difficult to miss. The Codiaeum is a lot of things, but dull is not one of them. The plants natural habitat is in Indonesia, Polynesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and India, where it is often measured in meters as a shrub. The plant will thrive in your living room provided it has plenty of light; the Codiaeum will drain of its beautiful colours if left in the dark. Our grower’s advice (Jogrow): “The plant is quite thirsty in spring and summer, so make sure you water it regularly.”
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 18 - 25º C.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Do not leave excess water in saucer/dish.
- Apply fertiliser twice a month.
- Keep out of draughts.